Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Streak of Existentialism



In my texts, I wanted to preserve the immediacy of passion, the distance of reflection, and the puerility of homage paying. Whether this is ambitious or not, the reason is humble: I don’t believe anything can be complete if the author of it excludes, in cold impartiality, personal involvement with his subject.
I therefore interweave objective considerations about Disney creativity, not just with what I see as related topics in the technological, psychological and mystical aspects of life, but with what it was for me. The impact it had on decisive moments of my life was definitive, culminating with the revelation of Walt Disney’s life through the reading of his biographies. After all, whether the writer is Bob Thomas or Marc Eliot, none can neither evade nor embellish enough what is so apparent: Disney’s authenticity

No comments: